Welcome to Lutz
Living in Lutz, Florida
Located at the north end of the Greater Tampa Metro Area, Lutz offers a tranquil lifestyle with easy access to the big city. This affluent suburb follows a slower pace than Tampa proper and has fewer tourists than the Clearwater/St. Pete area, giving you a peaceful spot of paradise.
Is Lutz, Florida a Good Place to Live?
Lutz is an impressive place to call home. With exceptional schools, low crime rates, and strong diversity, Lutz ranks #16 on Niche.com’s list of the best suburbs in Florida for families (and #19 on the best overall suburbs in FL).
Because of the proximity to Tampa, job prospects are strong. In fact, the median household income in Lutz is just under $97,000, making this a prime spot for high-earners. With all the lake-front property available in Lutz, high-net-worth families have built stunning estates in developments like The Sanctuary, Wellington Manors, and Lakes of Wellington. But there are also more affordable family homes and modest starter homes to be found in this prestigious suburb.
You won’t find high-volume tourist attractions in Lutz, but locals enjoy the benefits of having world-class destinations like Disney World, Universal Studios, and Tampa Bay all within convenient driving distances.
The Pros and Cons of Living in Lutz, Florida
Here are some of the significant advantages of residing in Lutz:
- You can enjoy a peaceful suburban lifestyle.
- You’re just a drive away from gorgeous beaches along the Gulf.
- Being surrounded by parks and nature preserves, you can escape into nature on the regular.
- With a wonderfully diverse population, you get to engage with people from different backgrounds and foster a sense of inclusivity.
- The public school system is top-notch, and there are multiple, high-quality private school options for those who decide to go that route.
- With comfortable weather for much of the year, residents have lots of outdoor activities to help them stay healthy and fit.
- There is some nightlife to be found in Lutz, giving you options for when you want to live it up, but stay close to home
As with all neighborhoods, there are also a few potential downsides to living in Lutz:
- Home prices can be higher than in nearby communities, particularly if you’re looking for lake-front property.
- The commute to Tampa can be a bit busy during rush hour.
What is There to Do in Lutz, Florida?
You might not find world-famous museums or theme parks in the 25,000-resident Lutz. But that doesn’t mean you’ll be bored! Here are some of the most fun things do to in Lutz.
If you’re up for a round of golf, check out TPC Tampa Bay
. This luxury 18-hole golf course is among the most naturally beautiful courses in the state.
Looking for a less structured day of recreation? Try Lake Conservation Park
. There’s hiking, biking, canoeing, and kayaking! You only pay an entrance fee of $2 per vehicle (plus the cost of any equipment rentals). Lake Park is another fun option with a playground, jogging trail, BMX track, and picnic area. Alternatively, you could explore Violet Curry Preserve
with its 160 acres of marshes, pine flatwoods, and sandhills.
For a different type of fun day out, treat yourself to a shopping trip to the Tampa Premium Outlets
. This massive retail center offers high-end brands like Armani, Guess, and Polo Ralph Lauren, plus a wide range of additional premium outlet shops.
Lutz Homes for Sale
to search for available listings in Lutz.
Additional Lutz Resources
As Lutz is an unincorporated area, there is no city government website, but you can find more information about the area on the official Hillsborough County
and Pasco County