Welcome to Tampa
Living in Tampa, Florida
Tampa Florida is a thriving city with a diverse population and never-ending recreational and entertainment opportunities. With strong employment prospects, good schools, and a reasonable cost of living, Tampa has been steadily attracting new residents for decades.
Is Tampa, Florida a Good Place to Live?
Tampa consistently ranks among the best cities in Florida to live in. The warm weather, recreational opportunities, and entertainment options make this an easy city to love. And the above-average schools, reasonable cost of living, and good job market make Tampa a good investment for homebuyers.
Because of the local diversity, anyone can fit into this thriving city. Young professionals, growing families, retirees...whatever your lifestyle, you'll find yourself right at home in Tampa. Each neighborhood in the city has a personality of its own; you can find areas with water-view condos or suburban blocks of single-family homes.
Enjoy our many exceptional restaurants, boutiques, and entertainment venues (the Riverwalk is an especially pleasant stroll). Kids love the Florida Aquarium and the ZooTampa at Lowry Park. And if you're feeling more adventurous, you have easy access to Adventure Island and Busch Gardens! After hours, you'll find exciting nightlife around the city.
You'll find that Tampa residents typically follow a healthy, active lifestyle of fun in the sun.
The Pros and Cons of Living in Tampa, Florida
Here are the biggest benefits of living in Tampa:
- The warm weather and recreation opportunities make healthy living easy.
- Our population is wonderfully diverse.
- The schools are above-average.
- Our economy is thriving.
- We have solid employment opportunities.
- Tampa has a good mix of urban and suburban neighborhoods.
- The cost of living is reasonable.
- With the shopping, dining, nightlife, entertainment venues, and parks, you'll never run out of fun stuff to do in Tampa.
- Between the Bay and the Lower Hillsborough Wilderness Preserve, you can easily escape into nature.
- You'll find some gorgeous beaches just a short drive away!
- You also have easy access to Clearwater and Saint Petersburg, just across the bay!
And here are a few potential downsides of living in Tampa:
- The infrastructure is catching up to the recent population growth. So some areas can feel congested, particularly on the roadways.
- Living in the city may be more expensive than living in some of the neighboring towns. Although many people feel the opportunities presented by the city make this a fair tradeoff.
What is There to Do in Tampa, Florida?
In addition to the lovely waterfront parks, boutique shops, and world-class restaurants, there are several unique attractions in Tampa for residents and visitors.
Adventure Island and Busch Gardens are perfect for a day of non-stop fun and excitement! If you're looking for more low-key family fun, check out the Zoo and the Aquarium. For sports fans, you can take in a Tampa Bay Buccaneers game at the Raymond James Stadium or check out the Lightening at Amelie Arena. And for a romantic evening, you can stroll the Tampa Riverwalk or consider a dinner cruise on the bay!
But the fun doesn't stop there! Tampa has several other notable attractions and districts worth exploring:
- Curtis Nixon Waterfront Park
- Honeymoon Island State Park
- Water Street
- Ybor City
- Hyde Park
- Armature Works
- Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Tampa
Tampa Homes for Sale
to search for available listings in Tampa.
Additional Tampa Resources